OverviewThis course is for Winter Semester 2014. For registration, please use the TISS site.
- Lecturers: Christoph Dorn, Schahram Dustdar, Hong-Linh Truong
- Main contact: Hong-Linh Truong
- TISS Course Number: 184.237
- Level: Bachelor degree
- Instruction language: Both German and English will be used for this course.
- Previous course materials Winter 2013
The objective of this course is to introduce foundation concepts of distributed systems and recent developments in distributed systems. In this course, we will introduce the role of distributed systems in contemporary computing landscape. We will discuss requirements for (large-scale) distributed systems and different models of distributed systems. We will introduce foundation concepts, methods, and algorithms as well as their advantages, disadvantages, and applicability for distributed systems.