The development of composite Web services is still not as simple as the original vision indicated. Currently, the designer of a composite service needs to consider many different design aspects at once. In this project, we propose a modeling methodology based on UML which separates between the four concerns of structure, transactions, workflow, and security, each of which can be modeled by different experts. We have developed a proof-of-concept tool based on Eclipse that is able to extract information from the model and transform it into a computer-readable format and ultimately generate a set of Web service documents (e.g., BPEL, WS-Policy, WS-CDL etc.)
- Schmit B., Dustdar S.: Model-driven Develoment of Web Service Transactions. International Journal on Enterprise Modelling and Information Systems Architectures, Volume 1, Issue 1, Gesellschaft für Informatik. October 2005.
- Schmit B., Dustdar S.: Systematic Design of Web Service Transactions. TES 2005, colocated with VLDB 2005, 2-3 September, Trondheim, Norway. Springer LNCS 3811. September 2005.
- Oberleitner J., Rosenberg F., Dustdar S.: A Lightweight Model-driven Orchestration Engine for e-Services. TES 2005, colocated with VLDB 2005, 2-3 September, Trondheim, Norway, Springer LNCS. September 2005.
- Schmit B., Dustdar S.: Towards Transactional Web Services. 1st IEEE International Workshop on Service-oriented Solutions for Cooperative Organizations (SoS4CO '05), co-located with the 7th International IEEE Conference on E-Commerce Technology (CEC 2005), Munich, Germany. July 2005.
- Schmit B., Dustdar S.: Model-driven Development of Web Service Transactions. XML4BPM 2005 - XML for Business Process Management Workshop, co-located with the 11th GI Konferenz Business, Technologie, und Web (BTW 2005), Karlsruhe, Germany. March 2005.